Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

8.26.2010

Jack's 99 Cent Store: I'm Like a Kid In a Candy Store

Have you been to Jack's 99 Cent Store?  If not, you're missing out on one of the best deals in the city!  I'll say this upfront: you won't be buying any goods there for 99 cents.  But you will be buying goods there for cheap!

It's like a Loehmann's or T.J. Maxx for household items and frozen/canned food.  I don't think I've ever purchased food from there but I've purchased plenty of other things from Jack's...especially kitchen-related products.  Small kitchen appliances (e.g., electric can opener, simple toaster, etc) are always a good deal.  But I'm not looking for the super fancy ones that you would find at Williams-Sonoma.  KWIM?

As great as the prices may seem, don't forget to do comparison shopping.  Always know the approximate cost of something before you buy. It may be cheap-er but it may not be a bargain.

Big Buddha swears by Jack's when it's comes to party-related items.  I'll second that.  You won't find better priced plastic cups (flip-cups, anyone?), plates and utensils anywhere else.  And if you're looking for easy and cheap holiday decorations (especially for Halloween and Christmas), Jack's is the place to go!

I believe that there are three Jack's stores but I go to the main one at 110 W 32 St (b/w 6th & 7th Ave), NY, NY.  It's 3 floors of random goods.  This equates to about an hour of browsing for me!

Be forewarned: this place is usually packed and there is no customer service.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.