Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

10.31.2010

Rebecca Minkoff: MAB vs MAB-Mini

Like many of you, I was kinda stumped when it came to sizing for Rebecca Minkoff's Morning After Bag (aka MAB) and Morning After Bag Mini (aka MAB-Mini).  The dimension of the bags are similar...so how does that effect overall size?  I've been to numerous websites and I've yet to see a clear-cut side-by-side size comparison of the MAB and the MAB-Mini.  I've found plenty of pictures of models wearing the bags, but I'm smaller than average (5'3" on a good day!) and most models are taller than average.  How do those model shots help me?  They don't...not really.

I finally got my hands on both the MAB and the MAB-Mini simultaneously (thanks to Stefanibags.com)!  Here are side-by-side pictures of the MAB (on the right) and the MAB-Mini (on the left):
  • Front View:
  • Top View:
  • Side View:
  • Me With Both Bags - Front View:
  • Me With Both Bags - Side View:

Hope this helped ladies!  IMO, the MAB is a great work-size bag and the MAB-Mini is great weekend-size bag.

Here's my video review of the MAB-Mini: Video Review: Rebecca Minkoff's MAB-Mini

My video review of the MAB is coming soon!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks! This helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny G3/05/2011

    This is a great post - I've been trying to figure our what size would be best. Is there any chance you have more pictures of you with the bags? The pictures in the post seem to be taken from above (looking down at the bags/you) so it's hard to get perspective on how big the bags are in relation to you (e.g., over your arm or shoulder). If you could post more, it would be so great! No one else has done this kind of post that I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope...sorry! But I can tell you that the MAB feels significantly larger than the MAB-Mini. Both fit very comfortably over the arm. The MAB fits easily over the shoulder with my winter coat. However, I tend to use my MAB with it's shoulder strap as a cross-body bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you prefer one over the other? I'm going to purchase my first Rebecca Minkoff bag which will be the MAB but not sure whether to purchase the reg or the mini. I'm 5'1 with a petite frame but really love larger bags.. what are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the MAB, which is great for work (it's large enough to hold files), but the MAB Mini is a better everyday bag. It's more proportionate for a petite frame and the MAB Mini is noticeably lighter than the MAB. I also love larger bags, but I prefer my larger bags to be soft and smooshy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can the mini MAB fit a standard magazine and still zipper closed?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom presented me leather Rebecca Minkoff bag in brown color and I carry it to workplace. I got huge compliments for this bag.

    ReplyDelete

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.