Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

10.12.2010

Uniqlo: Cozy In Velvet

Uniqlo is without a doubt a go-to brand for inexpensive chic basics.  Velvet by Graham & Spencer is without a doubt a go-to brand for comfy chic tops and dresses.  Put these two brands together, throw in some cashmere and what do you get? A cozy chic cashmere sweater/cardigan collection that kinda makes me yearn for colder weather.


Given that Vince cashmere sweaters are easily running $300+ these days, this lovely Di Cashmere Off Turtle Sweater in gray seemed like a sweet deal for $129.90:


The sweater is long than it looks...it easily covers the booty. I will be wearing it all winter long with long-sleeved shirts underneath.  Note the generous opening of the neckline.  Not the choking tightness of a turtleneck but not the dramatic looseness of a cowlneck.  It is a a very happy medium indeed.

I was eyeing the Di Cashmere Dolman Sleeve Sweater but I'm a practical girl, so I let that gorgeous sweater stay on the rack.  It looked great when I tried it on but due to the cut of the dolman sleeves, the sweater rode up (way up) when I attempted to put a coat over it. The Di Cashmere Stole Cardigan (cardgian with an open cascading neckline) was only $129.90 and if I didn't have so many similar cardigans already, I'd be snapping one (or two) up.

If you are looking for basic v-neck and crew neck cashmere sweaters, Uniqlo is offering them in various colors for only $79.90.  Basic cashmere cardigans are running $89.90.  If you're build up your cashmere collection or need to replace some articles, Uniqlo is a great place to start!!

The thing about Uniqlo is that if you see a top/dress/swetaer that you like, you have to buy it on the spot because it's a pretty good bet that it won't be there the next time you go.  They're great at stock new items but they don't really re-stock existing items - especially when it comes to pieces from a collaboration.  I made the mistake last year of not buying a sweater that I loved, hoping it would go on sale, and I never saw it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.