Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.01.2010

Food Therapy: Desserts

Sales are great but sometimes nothing really does the trick for me except for dessert.  My favorite part of a meal is dessert.  Chocolate blackout cake, lemon meringue tart, boston cream pie, apple brown betty, ice-cream, gelato....

I.  Have.  An.  Extra.  Stomach.  For.  Desserts.

This weekend I had some RIDICULOUSLY yummy desserts (the satisfaction level is on par with my loot from the Barneys' Warehouse Sale):

Colicchio & Sons: Coconut Cream Filled Doughnuts are simply heavenly.  The coconut cream was light and sweet (but not cloyingly so) and the doughnut was crispy/hot and would just melt in your mouth.  I had to share 1/2 of it with my cousin (his eyes just about popped out after his first bite...which was supposed to be a "taste").  Next time, he's going to have to order it himself!  ;)

Momofuku Milk Bar:  I will need bullet points for this...
  • Crack Pie:  After much hype, I finally tried this pie.  It's good...but not great.  I found the oat cookie crust to be more addictive than the filling (a sweet, gooey buttery custardy thing).  Maybe I'm too much of a chocoholic?  I wouldn't waste my time ordering this for delivery (there are better desserts out there for that option...to be discussed later).
  • Banana Cake: This is my kind of dessert.  It's a vanilla cake layered with banana cream, hazelnut crunch and fudge.  I could not stop eating this magical concoction of goodness.  The layered vanilla cake made each bite feel substantial but the banana cream and fudge added just the right amount of creaminess, stickiness and gooeyness.  And then you get an unexpected texture every now and then from the hazelnut crunch.  I could have gone for a second slice.
  • Cornflake/Marshmallow/Chocolate Chip Cookie:  It was a bit too buttery for my taste.  It left me wanting some good old Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies.
  • Blueberry Cream Cookie:  This was a delight.  I love blueberry muffins and they basically made one in cookie form.  For me, the best part of a blueberry muffin is the crunchy outside and the cookie is basically comprised of the crunch outside.  Hmm...I may start eating this cookie (or two) for breakfast in lieu of a blueberry muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.