Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

5.04.2010

Tobi.com: Top This!

When I'm getting ready to go out (whether it's dinner, drinks or dancing), I'm usually in a rush.  So I like my wardrobe to be filled with no brainers - meaning I can grab something, throw it on and go.  I do not have time to figure out how to literally put on a dress/top (see "How Do I Wear This Dress" Moment at the bottom).  Nor do I have to stand there and figure out what matches (hence my love for jeans).  This is why I like these two sale tops from Tobi:
  • Velvet Donita Top ($173) in grey:  The sequins create a dressier feel but the dolman sleeves and soft draping of the top keep it casually cool.  This top could work for dinner, drinks and dancing - a true no brainer!  
  • Splendid Silk Modal Cropped Batwing Top ($50) in white/heather grey:  This top would be perfect for drinks on the patio/balcony/roof deck with the girls.  It's relaxed but not sloppy.  Just don't forget to pair it with a nice necklace.
[Images Courtesy of Tobi.com]

"How Do I Wear This Dress" Moment:  The pink dress below is from the Zac Posen for Target collection.   Every so often, I get truly stumped by a dress/top.  It takes me forever to figure out how to wear it and then forever to figure out how to get out of it.  It literally took me 15-20 MINUTES to dress myself in this dress (no pun intended).  Between the belt that loops around twice, the tie in the back, the side zip and the suprise slip-dress, it was truly an exercise of frustration.  I'd get stuck and then start over.  I think I must have done this at least 3 times.  You know it's not a good sign when you're hot and "glowing" from your efforts of trying on a dress. 
And do you know what truly sucks?  It didn't even look that good on me.  Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.