Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

6.06.2010

Re-Review: Nordstrom Rack At Union Square

Now that all the hoopla has died down around the opening of Nordies Rack at Union square, I decided to revisit it this past week.  When I went during opening week last month, it was simply madness (read this post: Review: Nordstrom Rack At Union Square).  And since opening week is never a good gauge as to what a store will really be like, a re-review is necessary (and I'm sure there will be many more).

My 2nd visit to Nordies Rack was surprising and not all of it was in a good way.  (Note:  I went during a weekday lunch hour.)  Here's a breakdown of my thoughts:

Pro's:
  • It wasn't empty but it wasn't anywhere near packed.  I'd say it was 30% filled?  
  • There was no wait for a dressing room, and the dressing room was nice (when compared to Loehmann's).
  • The racks were still nicely organized and neat.
  • Most of the clothes were in good condition...only a few items showed "wear and tear" of being tried on and on and on...
  • The prices were reasonable.
  • The selection of accessories/handbags/sunglasses was good.
Con's:
  • The selection of clothes was NOWHERE AS GOOD as opening week.  I don't know if everything got purchased opening week and they're in the midst of restocking, but they really need to ship in more stuff from their Via C, Savvy and t.b.d. departments and less stuff from their Juniors BP. and Narrative departments.  Too many tween tanks/shirts and crazy flower dresses for me.  Out of the entire store, I found only one thing that I liked; it was this Haute Hippie dress for $159.97:
  • The signs that read "Brands Too Hot To Mention" above the racks are still there and I still think that they're ridiculous.  They force you to shop inefficiently by going through all the racks (which yes, it probably a good marketing technique on their part, but annoying for the customer).
  • The prices were reasonable...but not cheap.  I was expecting some sort of Memorial Day promotion (any kind of promotion) and all I got was nada.  With Loehmann's handing out coupons left and right almost every week (and a nicely-priced Filene's Basement down the street), Nordies Rack will need to step it up in the pricing department.  
Summary?  I think I may head on over to Loehmann's for clothing but visit Nordies Rack for accessories/handbags/sunglasses...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.