My 2nd visit to Nordies Rack was surprising and not all of it was in a good way. (Note: I went during a weekday lunch hour.) Here's a breakdown of my thoughts:
- It wasn't empty but it wasn't anywhere near packed. I'd say it was 30% filled?
- There was no wait for a dressing room, and the dressing room was nice (when compared to Loehmann's).
- The racks were still nicely organized and neat.
- Most of the clothes were in good condition...only a few items showed "wear and tear" of being tried on and on and on...
- The prices were reasonable.
- The selection of accessories/handbags/sunglasses was good.
- The selection of clothes was NOWHERE AS GOOD as opening week. I don't know if everything got purchased opening week and they're in the midst of restocking, but they really need to ship in more stuff from their Via C, Savvy and t.b.d. departments and less stuff from their Juniors BP. and Narrative departments. Too many tween tanks/shirts and crazy flower dresses for me. Out of the entire store, I found only one thing that I liked; it was this Haute Hippie dress for $159.97:
- The signs that read "Brands Too Hot To Mention" above the racks are still there and I still think that they're ridiculous. They force you to shop inefficiently by going through all the racks (which yes, it probably a good marketing technique on their part, but annoying for the customer).
- The prices were reasonable...but not cheap. I was expecting some sort of Memorial Day promotion (any kind of promotion) and all I got was nada. With Loehmann's handing out coupons left and right almost every week (and a nicely-priced Filene's Basement down the street), Nordies Rack will need to step it up in the pricing department.