Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

6.17.2010

UMIL: Kangaroo-ing At Target

I'm petite, vertically challenged, barely 5'3"...you get the idea. I'm short. Usually, it's not a problem when I shop at Target. Until now:

The other day, I went frozen food shopping (aka tv dinner shopping). I've been eating way too much lately and needed a reality check on my portion intake. I don't like to "diet" nor do I like to eat diet food. I prefer to eat whatever I want and exercise portion control. In theory, it's great but practically, it doesn't always work out. I tend to forget about portion control when it comes to desserts!

I particularly like SmartOnes from Weight Watchers. Since they were on sale at Target, I decided to stock up. My favorite entree is Creamy Rigatoni with Broccoli and Chicken. But I do cheat a little - I'll usually add some shredded cheddar cheese. It makes it tastier and slightly more substantial (thickens the creamy sauce). However, I'm always up for trying new entrees and here's where I ran into trouble.

The newer entrees were on the top shelf of the freezer and only a few were left. And the few left were in the back of the top shelf. What did this mean for me? I couldn't see them! I had to jump up and down like a kangaroo to read the names of the entrees.

I don't mind my shortness but I did not appreciate the 6'3" guy across the aisle watching me in amusement. He was confused at first as to my jumping (which admittedly looked like weird vigorous hopping) and when I explained my dilemma, he started laughing. In his favor, he did offer to grab a few of the unreachable entrees for me. UMIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.