Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

5.26.2010

Pet Peeve: Applying Promotion Code At Checkout

I have a huge pet peeve that's related to promotions codes.  Some e-tailers are guilty of it and some are not.  My pet peeve is that certain e-tail websites force customers to go through the checkout process in order to apply a promotion code.  This has become an issue now that many e-tailers are offering discount codes with the wording "certain designer exclusions" and/or "mystery" discount codes.  Why is this such a PITA?  Let me tell you why...

Whether I ultimately purchase an item because of a promotion code obviously depends upon the designer exclusions and/or the actual discount of my mystery discount code.  Sdding an item to my cart in hopes that the promotion code is applicable is just a crappy way to shop.  But I can confirm the following: I'm MORE likely to add something to my cart if I know that it is included in the promotion code and/or the actual discount amount of the promotion code.  I'm not a fan of being disappointed.  KWIM?

Forcing me to shop and then create an account to get to the checkout page where I can apply the promotion code is annoying/irritating and more importantly, a waste of time because usually, this is what happens:  1) the designer item that I want is excluded from the discount code and 2) my mystery discount code is the lowest possible discount being offered.  It's unfortunate...but a fact of my life.

So let me be clear on this:  Going through the process of shopping and checking out in order to apply a promotion code will NOT make me more likely to purchase the items in my cart...especially if I find out that the designer item is excluded from the discount code and/or the mystery discount code results in the lowest possible discount amount.  It just serves to PMO.  When I am able to apply a promotion code upfront (i.e., pre-checkout), I'm a happier customer.  And a happier customer is a customer who purchases more items.  Hint.  Hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.