Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

4.24.2010

Food Therapy: Ippudo (Ramen Noodle)

I love ramen and I've tried a good amount of the ramen spots in the city.  There's only one ramen spot that I keep going back to and that's Ippudo.  There's something about Ippudo's broth that's addictive.  I always order the same ramen dish.  To me, ramen doesn't get much better than the Akamaru Modern!

Here's the description straight from the menu: "The original tonkotsu soup noodle with Ippudo's special sauce, miso paste and fragrant garlic oil; pork chashu, 1/2 seasoned boiled egg, beansprouts, kikurage & scallions."

Sunshine has picked up my bad habit of wanting to try everything on the menu at a restaurant (which is why I adore tasting menus, tapas and dim sum!).  And since the appetizers at Ippudo are very tasty, we always end up getting a few (okay, a bunch).  The last time we went, we ordered these hot appetizers (and they all rocked!):
  • Bakurtsu Tofu:  Spicy tofu and ground pork in a hot pot.  This dish is soup-like and comes very hot (as you can tell from the steam).  It's one of those dishes that gets better with each bite.  We get this appetizer almost every time we dine at Ippudo.
  • Shrimp In Mayo Sauce:  Shrimp fritters in japanese mayo sauce.  I LOVE Kewpie Mayo (it's slightly sweet and a teeny tangy), so anything fried and slathered with Kewpie Mayo is good in my books!
  • Kakuni With Onsen Tamago:  Braised pork belly with poached egg.  If you like pork belly, you will come back for this dish.  The pork belly is braised in a sweet soy-based sauce and just melts in your mouth.  You can just ignore the poached egg.  We do.
  • Hirata Chicken Wings:  Fried chicken wings in a black pepper sauce.  Don't be fooled by the black pepper in the sauce.  The sauce is both sweet and spicy.  These are really good wings but overpriced at $7 for 3 pieces.  Still, we get them because they're really good!

Yes, that's a lot of food for two people.  Don't worry, we were joined by Sunshine's cousin that night!  The plum wine is also great at Ippudo!  Ask for the least sweet one (because plum wine can get really sweet, even for me)

Ippudo is located at 65 4th Ave (between 9th & 10th St), NY, NY  10003.  This place does NOT take reservations and gets packed by 6:30 pm.  I suggest that you go either very early or very late.  Doors open for dinner at 5:00 pm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.