Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

5.30.2010

Video Review: Katherine Kwei's Amber Switch

This is one of my favorite video reviews to date:  Katherine Kwei's Amber Switch in black.  This is from her Fall 2010 line.  It's such a clever bag (calfskin with silver hardware)!!  If you're looking for a uber-cool Fall bag, this may be the one for you.



I just had to know more about the bag so I asked Katherine Kwei if she could provide a little background on it.  And wouldn't you know it?  Kathy has a great story behind it:

"We thought of the Amber by accident.  When we received one set of our mock up samples[,] we wanted to change the knot weave so we cut it off the body of the bag.  We realized that the weave was completely intact and not falling apart when detached from the bag.  Since we always back our leathers with another leather, sometime it's tonal but often it's with a metallic, we decided to see if we could make a bag that someone could switch colours around depending on their mood or desire...So the Amber Switch was born -  where someone can change the whole look and feel of the bag with just a quick unzip and zip while you're in a cab from the office to cocktails."

The greatest things always occur by accident, right?

Here's a pix of me using the Amber Switch as a cross-body bag:


I'm not sure why I didn't lengthen the shoulder strap more (there's plenty more to lengthen) since I wouldn't mind having it sit lower, but at least you get a feel for the size of the Amber Switch.  BTW, I'm petite.  It can fit all your personal items easily (in my case, personal junk), but it won't (and shouldn't) double as your gym bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.