Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

6.03.2010

UMIL: Sunshine and The Gym Instructor

A few years ago, I decided that Sunshine needed to jump start his gym routine.  I dragged him to Cardio Sculpt, a non-stop cardio/strength training class.  Looking back, maybe it wasn't the smartest idea...
99% of the class attendees were women; and these women were in shape.  I'm happy with my 3 lb dumbbells.  I'm ecstatic when I'm fit enough for 5 lb dumbbells.  These women used 7.5 lb dumbbells on their off days.  On a regular day, they used 10 lb dumbbells.  But I would go to this class anyways because I really liked the instructor Violet.  She was fun, entertaining and engaging - unlike many other instructors who seemed to be just going through the motions.

Since Violet always makes class fun and entertaining (we'll get to the engaging part later), I thought that this would be the perfect class to motivate Sunshine.  I was wrong, Wrong, WRONG!!  Did I mention that this is a non-stop class?  Towards the end of Cardio Sculpt, we're always required to do 3 sets of push-ups.  This is an hour-long class, so this means it's usually 45-minutes into the workout.  Let's just say that by that point, Sunshine could barely breathe.

Unfortunately, since Sunshine was the only male in the class that day, he stuck out like a sore thumb.  I wasn't paying attention to him because I was too busy trying to catch my own breath while struggling to do push-ups.  (And by the way - just in case you're wondering- yes, I do girly push-ups with my knees on the mat.)

This is where the "engaging" part comes in.  Violet will actually walk around during class to make sure that everybody is in correct form and that no one is slacking off.  She's not exactly subtle about her "encouragements" but I've never seen her single someone out for not doing/finishing an exercise/movement.

So after the 3rd set of push-ups, I was quite surprised to hear the following from Violet, "Sir!  Sir!  You didn't do the last set of push-ups!"  I didn't need to look at her to know whom she was speaking to because there was only one "Sir" in the class...and the would be Sunshine.

My first thought was, "No!  She is not calling him out!"

My second thought was, "OMG...he's going to be so mad at me for this."

My third thought was...well, I didn't have one because I was too busy trying not to laugh.

What did my poor Sunshine do?  He pushed through and finished his last set of push-ups.  Everyone in the class clapped for him afterwards.

And what did Violet do?  She poured salt on the wound!  She told the class, "Why are you clapping for him?  Don't clap.  He just did what you all already did."

I couldn't stop laughing.  Bad of me, I know, but really, I never imagined that something like that could happen.  It was most definitely an UMIL for Sunshine.

To workout at home with Violet, check out her DVDs:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.