I first tried this deliciousness at Megu several years ago. I pestered the waiter until he admitted that they outsourced this dessert from Lady M Cake Boutique (41 E 78th St (b/w Madison and Park Ave), NY, NY). Of course I had to call Lady M the next day to see if I could purchase a slice (or three) of the green tea mille-crepes cake. Going to Megu just for cake is idiotic...even for me. I was nicely but firmly told that you could only purchase slices through various restaurants. The other option was to special-order the cake. I've only ordered this cake once before (I just can't seem to haul myself to UES and I'd rather not pay the $30 or so delivery fee). So I was very HAPPILY surprised when Sunshine mentioned his surprise dessert for this weekend's celebration. It was a win-win (or rather gift-gift) for everyone.
I couldn't resist and took lots of sexy cake shots for you:
- The entire green tea mille-crepes cake...a bird's eye view:
- A side view (pre-cutting of the cake):
- A close-up of the layered crepes:
- Layers and layers of yumminess (post-cutting of the cake):
- Yup...that's my slice; it was gone in 1 minute: