Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

6.01.2010

Food Therapy: Lady M's Green Tea Mille-Crepes Cake

Sunshine hit it out of the ballpark when he brought Lady M's Green Tea Mille-Crepes Cake as dessert for my parents' 40th anniversary celebration this weekend.  I've mentioned this cake before (read here:  Food Therapy: Two Very Scrumptious Cakes), and the green tea custard version is even better than the plain custard version!  If you like green tea ice cream, you will absolutely ADORE this green tea cake (it's layers of super thin crepes and green tea custard)!!  (Note: You have to special-order the green tea version of the mille-crepes cake.)

I first tried this deliciousness at Megu several years ago.  I pestered the waiter until he admitted that they outsourced this dessert from Lady M Cake Boutique (41 E 78th St (b/w Madison and Park Ave), NY, NY).  Of course I had to call Lady M the next day to see if I could purchase a slice (or three) of the green tea mille-crepes cake.  Going to Megu just for cake is idiotic...even for me.  I was nicely but firmly told that you could only purchase slices through various restaurants.  The other option was to special-order the cake.  I've only ordered this cake once before (I just can't seem to haul myself to UES and I'd rather not pay the $30 or so delivery fee).  So I was very HAPPILY surprised when Sunshine mentioned his surprise dessert for this weekend's celebration.  It was a win-win (or rather gift-gift) for everyone.

I couldn't resist and took lots of sexy cake shots for you:
  • The entire green tea mille-crepes cake...a bird's eye view:
  • A side view (pre-cutting of the cake):
  • A close-up of the layered crepes:
  • Layers and layers of yumminess (post-cutting of the cake):
  • Yup...that's my slice; it was gone in 1 minute:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.