Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.21.2010

Bloomie's Dilemma: Purchase From SA With Bad Attitude?

It never ceases to amaze me when I come across a sale associate with a bad attitude.  Yesterday, I was amazed yet again by a Bloomie's SA.  I have been drooling over a certain Olivia Harris bag.  I first saw this lovely bag at Bloomie's Soho.

Since Bloomie's F&F sale is next week and I have a Bloomie's gift card that I need to use (before I lose it), I had called up Bloomie's Soho this past Tuesday when pre-sale started.  Per a rather unhelpful SA over the phone, the bag was sold out and they were unsure about any more shipments.  But because I really really want this bag and I was already in Soho (enjoying the first day of spring), I decided to drop by Bloomie's Soho to confirm that the bag was indeed sold out.  Well...whadya know?  The bag was on display at the store.  I suppose that this should have been the tip off that CS is not a strong point at this particular Bloomie's.  Clearly, I ignored it.

Let it be known that I have never pre-saled at Bloomie's before.  I've only done pre-sales at Saks and Nordies.  Since the gc wouldn't cover the entire amount for the bag, I would need to do a split payment.  I have done pre-sales with split payments at Saks before so I was honestly suprised and taken aback when the Bloomie's SA stated that I couldn't use a gc for a pre-sale.  I replied that this was my first time doing a pre-sale at Bloomie's but I've done it with Saks, and I've never had an issue with using a gc on pre-sales.  The SA's response was SNOTTY and very unhelpful.  She said, "This is Bloomingdale's sweetie, not Saks."

First off, I would never confuse Bloomie's with Saks.  They can only wish that they were Saks.  Second off, was that condescending response necessary?  I think not.  She could have explained their policy clearly and nicely wihout the bad attitude.  Everything just went downhill from there.

She proceeded to state that she would need to process the pre-sale with a credit card and at the time of pick-up, she could then do a payment adjustment and split the payment between the cc and the gc.  With so many processing errors these days, I am not a fan of swiping my cc more than necessary.  The whole payment adjustment seemed both unecessary and non-sensical to me.  To add to this nonsense, I would be out of town and my friend (aka Big Buddha's gf) would be the one picking up the bag for me.  I would be leaving the gc with her.

The SA then proceeded to tell me that she cannot do a payment adjustment without my cc.  Mmm...how does this SA do charge-sends or price adjustments over the phone?  (If you need my cc's last 3 digits, you can call me, right?  Isn't that what servicing your customer is all about?  Plus, this is a guaranteed sale for her.)  My friend, who was with me at the time, stepped up and offered to use her cc.  This way, she could do the payment adjustment at pick up.  I would simly reimburse her later for the cc amount.  With the bag sitting right in front of my face, I caved and agreed to this non-sensical payment arrangment.

Now that I have had time to reflect, I really really REALLY dislike this SA and her bad attitude.  It really sits unwell with me that she will get credit for this sale.  I am thinking about canceling the pre-sale.  The only unfortunate fact is that the bag I saw in the store is the last one.  And I really do want to get rid of my gc.  So do I cut off my nose to spite my face?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.