Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.26.2010

In Memory of a Lost Haute Hippie Dress (and a Suprise Replacement)

Haute Hippie has been coming out with some slamming party dresses but at full retail, they can be rather pricey.  This is why Big Buddha's gf (let's refer to her as Foodette for her very impressive ability to put away food), was super excited when she scored this Haute Hippie Dress at Saks OFF 5th for $86:

[Image Courtesy of Singer22.com]

This is also why Foodette was devastated when she lost this dress.  She had forgotten the OFF 5th bag in which the dress was placed at the doctor's office and when she went back, no one had seen the bag.  I won't point fingers but that's rather odd, isn't?  How do you miss an OFF 5th bag in a patient room?  Upon learning this unfortunate event, I found the dress on sale for $99 at Singer22.com.  Foodette, however, was still mourning over the original dress.  I think deep down, she was still hoping that the doctor's office would call to tell her that the bag (and the dress) was found.

A month later, Foodette tells me that she found a replacement for the dress.  She had purchased the following tank top from Forever 21:

This tank is suprisingly similar (or maybe not so surprisingly similar since it is Forever 21) to her beloved Haute Hippie Dress.  It cost $29.  It wasn't that much more for the dress,  and I wondered why she didn't just buy it from Singer22.com.  Foodette's reply (which I love!!) was this, "I am an unappreciative discount whore and [I] only deserve a Forever 21 tank top as a replacement."

Sometimes the best purchases are not the ones we save up for but the surprise ones on sale (the best kind of sale therapy!!).  You should treat all your purchases as if they were purchased at full retail...cause you don't know what you got till it's gone!

(Note:  The Haute Hippie dress is still on sale and available at Singer22.com but only an XS is left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.