Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.24.2010

Food Therapy: Eating Responsibly

It's come to my attention that my bf (whom I shall reference as Sunshine from now because he really does make each day brighter and happier for me) and several family members have blamed for their weight gain.  I like to eat.  I'm pretty sure that it's obvious from this blog that I like to eat.  But I regularly do two things that they don't: 1) portion control and 2) exercise.  They may do one of those two things but not both.  These two things really do help me from gaining weight.  But I want to focus on the first one:  portion control.  I like practicing portion control because it's less about eating healthy or giving up certain foods and more about, duh, controlling the quantity (or portion) that you consume.

Last year, I tried a meal delivery system.  While they touted "eating healthy" as a major reason for weight loss/control, it really ended up being about portion control.  Prior to this, I was pretty clueless about portion control.  I would sometimes compare the amount I ate against the amount I was served or the size of the plate.  This is a terrible way to gauge how much you've eaten.  Everything is so super-sized at restaurants these days that eating even half of your entree may still be too much.  It's really hard to be objective when it comes to eating the proper portion.  But after using the meal delivery system for a month, I was able to get a sense of what a proper portion for a meal should be.  Meal delivery systems are expensive (a reason why I stopped using it) and the food isn't that great (another reason why I stopped using it).  If you need a reality check, as I did, on portion control, I suggest you hit the frozen food section of your supermarket and buy some Lean Cuisine meals or Smart Ones meals (otherwise known as T.V. DINNERS!!).  They're basically the same meals that the meal delivery system served.  And some of the meals are actually pretty good.

It's easy for your portions to creep up with each meal.  When I've noticed a significant increase, I buy a Lean Cuisine meal or a Smart Ones meal to remind myself of how much I should be eating.  However, I'm not saying that you shouldn't go all out and enjoy yourself at a restuarant every now and then.  Well, maybe a little more then every now and then.  I'm just saying eat responsibly and you'll thank yourself when you're wearing that bikini this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.