Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.24.2010

Buyer's Remorse: I'm Trying To Avoid It.

We've all experienced buyer's remorse at least once.  And for some us (including me), we've experienced it numerous times.  Buyer's remorse tends occur more frequently when I'm at a sale...especially when I'm at a sale for a particular label/designer that I like.  When I buy at full retail price, I'm much more careful with my purchases.  When I'm at a sale, my brain short circuits and I go into "off-balance sheet accounting" mode, as Sunshine likes to say.  I don't think about how much I'm spending but how much I'm saving.  More importantly, the one critical question that I ask myself when I buy at full retail price is never asked at a sale:  Would I actually wear/use this item?

Since I don't ask this critical question, I have a closet full of clothes/shoes purchased on sale that I don't really wear or have never touched.  The worst buyer's remorse for me isn't when the day after my purchase (or even a week after), I realize that the final sale item doesn't work for me; it's when a year later, I realize that I've never touch that regular sale item and never intend to do so (but it's too later to return it).  That's when I really feel like an idiot for making that purchase.  I could have spent that money on something I really did like and would wear/use.  I only bought that item because it was on sale.

Nowadays, I'm trying to be better when it comes to sales.  I don't like to think of myself as an idiot.  It's hard trying to be better because it seems like everything is on sale.  But I am better at asking myself the critical question before I head to the the checkout counter with a sale item.  Maybe that's why I post sale picks on this blog.  It helps me to stop and think.  Plus, I'm running out of closet/storage space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.