Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.12.2010

Food Therapy: Chocolate Chip Cookies (Pillsbury vs Nestle)

There is something about the smell, texture and taste of a warm chocolate chip cookie that just can't be surpassed by any other cookie for me.  The sugar + chocolate scent is addictive.  The soft cookie + gooey chocolate chip texture just melts perfectly in the mouth.  And the first bite is always a taste of happiness.  But not today.  It was a taste of disappointment.  I usually go with Nestle's Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie dough, but today I went with Pillsbury's Simply Chocolate Chip cookie dough.  Here's a pix:
I AM NOT HAPPY WITH PILLSBURY'S SIMPLY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH!!  Not only were the cookies not sweet enough, but they were also too doughy.  Pillsbury totally skimped on the chocolate chips!!!  And they're not golden but burnt-looking (even though they weren't).  This batch is going to the trash.  Tomorrow, I will be going to the supermarket to buy Nestle's Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie dough and will be baking a new happy batch of chocolate chip cookies.

P.S.  I also really like Fuddruckers' warm chocolate chip cookies.  I have fond memories of those cookies from my childhood.  You'd always get a cookie with your kid's meal.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.