Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.11.2010

Jean Paul Gaultier for Target

I am a huge fan of Target.  I can literally spend hours browsing the aisles of Target; especially since they added a huge food section to the store. Today, however, my trip focused on checking out the new Jean Paul Gaultier for Target collection. Unsurprisingly, like past designer collaborations, it was "comme ci, comme ca." The fabrics, for the most part, felt cheap and looked cheap. Take the following dress ($59.99) as an example.
It's a cute dress in the picture but when you feel the fabric, it feels like those cheapie vinyl picnic table covers my parents used to use when I was a kid.  Plus, you need to be tall for this dress.  I tried it on and I almost disappeared.  There is a built-in petticoat underneath the skirt and when you put the dress on, the skirt just poofs out.  I felt like an upside down yellow tulip.

This disco-era top ($24.99) looked cute but again the fabric was an issue.  This top's fabric screamed shiny polyester.


I'm not a fan of prints/stripes/dots/patterns (and yes, I'm rather vocal about it), but this flower-pattern dress ($49.99) looked spring-chic when I tried it on.  And it had pockets!  I adore pockets!  But wearing it would entail me not drinking, eating or sitting.  Three activities which I'm quite fond of.  Again, the fabric was also an issue.  It was thin and pocket/belly area tended to poof out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.