Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.09.2010

Food Therapy: A Perfect Moment In Time

The MOST AMAZING restaurant experience for me has nothing to do with the restaurant or the food served by the restaurant.  It had to do with a couple sitting at another table.  The gentleman's actions have left me fantasizing about this perfect moment in time for over a decade.  Let's begin this real life fairy tale:

The setting is the now defunct Payard Patisserie & Bistro on the Upper East Side.  We went not because I was interested in the "Bistro" part of Payard but because I was interested in the "Patisserie" part of Payard.  And the only way to get my bf to Payard was to downplay the latter and highlight the former.   But somehow...even in the Bistro, the focus was the Patisserie.  It happened while I was perusing the dessert menu with my bf.

Out of the corner of my eye,  I see several waiters lined up with plates covered by silver domes.  They are all walking towards this couple in their mid-20's.  For some reason, the couple has a table for four along the banquette even though the place is packed.  As the waiters reach this couple, I can see confusion written all over the girl's face. They had finished dinner and she was just about to start on her dessert.

Each waiter then proceeded to place his plate on the table and remove the silver dome.  The first dessert listed on the dessert menu appeared.  Then the second dessert listed on the dessert menu appeared.  Then the third dessert listed on the dessert menu appeared...you get the picture.  Her bf had ordered the entire dessert menu (and some additional pastries from the Patisserie for good measure).  With each new plate reveal, her smile grew larger and her glow grew stronger.

By the end of the last dessert reveal, the entire table for four was filled with desserts (for one!) and she was looking at her bf as if he was the best dessert out of them all.  At that moment in time, he was her prince because he made her feel like a princess.

Every so often I remind my bf of this restaurant experience.  He sort of half grimaces and half laughs...because really, what is there to say except that the guy was brilliant for orchestrating the whole thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.