- The listed retail price is the actual retail price (sometimes the discount is overstated due to an inflated retail price);
- The item pictured matches the item description/details (sometimes they don't match);
- You know the shipping fee (it can really add up and take away from the discount);
- You don't need the item in a hurry (shipping is slow...very slow);
- You've reviewed the return/refund policy (which is usually very strict or non-existent); and
- You know your size in that particular designer (see #5 above).
Members-Only Online Sales: A Good Deal?
By now it's a good bet that you've been "invited" to a members-only website that offers daily/weekly sales. Yes, I'm talking about Hautelook.com, Gilt.com, RueLaLa.com, Ideeli.com and the like. While the discounts may seem great as listed on the website, make sure of the following:
Give Some, Get Some...
Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (email@example.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!
Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.