Let's start with Old Navy because this is an interesting store. Prices are cheap and when things are on clearance, they're pretty close to free. However, the fit at Old Navy is hit or miss. Mostly miss, but when it's a hit, it's surprisingly good. I found these two items on clearance and with the clearance sale still going on (is it ever going to end?), this means you take an additional 50% off the clearance price. Then on thursday (3/18/10) when the F&F sale starts, you can take an additional 30% off on top of that.
- This purple NYU shirt is going to end being $3.15!
- This dark brown long button-down vest is going to end being $7.00!
I have to admit that I don't usually shop at Banana Republic. I don't know why but I just don't. When I do buy something from BR, it tends to be a piece of jewelry. I think they have great "play" jewelry at reasonable prices. The pieces look fantastic and the quality ain't bad at all. I did find some sale items that may be worth your while and jewelry that I may go back for on thursday:
- This is a good "Meet the Parents" shirt. It's stylish with the asymmetrical front but conservative. After the F&F discount, it's $34.99.
- This is a good "throw in the bag" v-neck sweater for summer traveling. It's slightly sheer when you wear it, so it's perfect for wearing over a tank. After the F&F discount, it's only $12.59.
- This tank reminds me of the top I just purchased at Urban Outfitters. It's a racerback tank with a bird design. But it's a little bit more grown up: it's navy and the bird-design is rather zen to me. It's not on sale but after the F&F discount, it's only $20.65.
- I think these braided bracelets are really cute. They're light and soft so they won't bang against your keyboard (a huge reason why I don't wear watches). After the F&F discount, they're $13.65 each.
- This necklace will work for almost any occasion. You can use it for brunch, drinks, dinner, etc.. I love silver and simplicity; this necklace is both. After the F&F discount, it's $24.50.