Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.16.2010

Banana Republic & Old Navy: Picks for F&F Sale

Today I checked out Banana Republic and Old Navy to avoid the F&F sale crowd.

Let's start with Old Navy because this is an interesting store.  Prices are cheap and when things are on clearance, they're pretty close to free.  However, the fit at Old Navy is hit or miss.  Mostly miss, but when it's a hit, it's surprisingly good.  I found these two items on clearance and with the clearance sale still going on (is it ever going to end?), this means you take an additional 50% off the clearance price.  Then on thursday (3/18/10) when the F&F sale starts, you can take an additional 30% off on top of that.
  • This purple NYU shirt is going to end being $3.15!

  •  This dark brown long button-down vest is going to end being $7.00!
I also like a raw-hem jersey dress in black that was on clearance (but still full price on-line).  They didn't have my size so I may try another location.  That dress would end up being $4.50.

I have to admit that I don't usually shop at Banana Republic.  I don't know why but I just don't.  When I do buy something from BR, it tends to be a piece of jewelry.  I think they have great "play" jewelry at reasonable prices.  The pieces look fantastic and the quality ain't bad at all.  I did find some sale items that may be worth your while and jewelry that I may go back for on thursday:
  • This is a good "Meet the Parents" shirt.  It's stylish with the asymmetrical front but conservative.  After the F&F discount, it's $34.99.
  • This is a good "throw in the bag" v-neck sweater for summer traveling.  It's slightly sheer when you wear it, so it's perfect for wearing over a tank.  After the F&F discount, it's only $12.59.
  • This tank reminds me of the top I just purchased at Urban Outfitters.  It's a racerback tank with a bird design.  But it's a little bit more grown up:  it's navy and the bird-design is rather zen to me.  It's not on sale but after the F&F discount, it's only $20.65.

  • I think these braided bracelets are really cute.  They're light and soft so they won't bang against your keyboard (a huge reason why I don't wear watches).  After the F&F discount, they're $13.65 each.
  • This necklace will work for almost any occasion.  You can use it for brunch, drinks, dinner, etc..  I love silver and simplicity; this necklace is both.  After the F&F discount, it's $24.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.