Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.20.2010

Food Therapy: Beautiful Day = Walking = Food (Lots Of It!)

Today was the most beautiful day ever!  Like any sane winter weary person, I took full advantage of the first day of spring.  My bf and I were supposed to only have brunch with Big Buddha and his gf.  The four of us ended up eating brunch, walking, and eating some more (actually, a lot more).  Unsurprisingly, this happens a lot.  We plant to meet for brunch or lunch and then we end up eating for the rest of the day.  Today, we started in Soho and ended up in K-Town.
  • Brunch:  We went to Balthazar (80 Spring St).  It's been awhile since I last visited and the food there is still good.  I had the Sour Cream Hazelnut Waffles with a warm berries sauce.  It was crispy and light.  My bf and Big Buddha each had a very yummy Eggs Norwegian.  Big Buddha's gf has a tasty croque-monsieur.  But our service was dismal.  Either the server was simply oblivious or he just didn't care.  Or it could have been both.  Needless to say, I will be avoiding that particular server in the future.
  • After Brunch:  I'm not sure how it happened but we ended up at Cafe Habana (17 Prince St) very shortly after brunch.  The four of us shared a Cuban Sandwich.  (You didn't think we each had our own, did you?)  I will be going back there soon for another one.  The pork was tender and moist, and the melted cheese added just right amount of saltiness and creaminess.  I highly recommend Cafe Habana.
  • Snack:  We ended up trying the fried chicken at Kyo Chon (350 5th Ave).  Don't go here.  Not only are the portions laughably small, you have to fight for a table and wait for your "fast food".  In fact, they know that their service is so slow that they give you one of those buzzers you get at Olive Garden.  WTH?  There's no denying that the fried chicken (skin) is tasty but look at the picture below.  The wings/drumsticks in the front row are as big as the potato wedges in the middle row in the left bin.  Yes, they are that tiny.  We left upset and hungry.
  • Early Dinner:  Hungry and wanting more korean-style fried chicken, we went across the street to the conveniently located Mad For Chicken (formerly Bon Chon Chicken) (314 5th Ave, 2nd Fl).  MFC served plump and crispy wings/drumsticks.  While the taste wasn't as flavorful as it used be when it was Bon Chon Chicken, it was still immensely more satisfying than the fried chicken from Kyo Chon.  Plus, the flavored soju here is yummy!  (Note:  For you ladies who like fruity/sweet cocktails, you must try flavored soju.  It reminds me of fruit juice spiked with vodka.  You barely taste the alcohol so you can drink this all night long.  But be careful because when it hits you, it really hits you.  You buy it by the bottle and do shots of it.  It's great for a girls' night out!!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, loving your blog. Now I want to go shopping. This could become a dangerous habit.

    thanks, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Always glad to be an enabler!

    ReplyDelete

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.