Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.20.2010

Food Therapy: Funny Moment In Time

Today was a beautiful day and as the weather gets better, my thoughts always turn to bbq.  My cousin and I both ADORE bbq.  In fact, he was the one who introduced me to the Big Apple BBQ Block Party.  (Note:  He wanted recognition that he was the one who found this bbq festival.  So there.  Happy now?)  And this brings me back to the first Big Apple BBQ Block Party that we attended.  It was a very memorable experience not just because it was our first time but because of a funny moment with his date. 

I'm sure you've figured out by now, I am not a vegetarian.  I have nothing against vegetarians but I am not one.  Well, neither is my cousin.  In fact, if there ever was a bigger meat lover in existence, it would be my cousin. Let's call him Big Buddha for now and let's call his date Miss V, as in  Miss Vegetarian.

This is what happened: We're on the subway headed to Madison Square Park for the bbq festival.  Miss V and Big Buddha are sitting next to each and my bf and I are seated across from them. The train car is pretty empty.  And as you can imagine, we're all REALLYexicted.  Actually, three of us (me, my bf and Big Buddha) are excited and one of us is silent (Miss V).  In fact, Miss V is looking slighly ill.  Me, my bf and Big Buddha are talking non-stop about what we're going to eat.  All of a sudden, Miss V says, "I'm a vegetarian."  The three of us went silent for a good 10 seconds.  Big Buddha brought a non-meat eater to a bbq festival!!  Miss V couldn't see it, but Big Buddha's expression was of shock and disbelief.  In that moment, I knew that I would never see Miss V again.  And I never did.

I later asked Big Buddha how it slipped his notice that Miss V was a vegetarian.  Apparently all previous dates were at Italian restuarants.  She would always order pasta (albeit meatless dishes) so it was never anything out of the ordinary.

(Upon reflection, I must give it up to her. She trooped through that day and hung with us while we tried almost every bbq stand available.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.