- Periyali: The grilled octopus appetizer (served with a well-balanced lemony buttery wine sauce) is, hands-down, the BEST octopus dish in the city. The octopus is always fork-tender and never chewy. The sauce perfectly complements the octopus (and is key to this great dish). Plus, the portion is generous; there's no need to eye each-others octopus appetizer for more.
- Address: 35 West 20th St (b/w 5th & 6th Ave), New York, NY 10011
- Pylos: The moussaka reminds me of the Tower of Pisa, but just not leaning. It's a fantastical towering layered creation of ground beef, eggplant, zucchini and potatoes that is held together by a creamy bechamel sauce. You may not be able to finish the entire dish, but you will want to (and I always try to!). This is a good date night restaurant.
- Address: 128 East 7th St, (b/w 1st Ave & Ave A), New York, NY 10009
- Estiatorio Milos: This place is known for its seafood (particularly its fish), but my favorite dish is the lamb chops. They are the most delicious lamb chops ever! Neither gamey nor tough - it's always cooked a perfect medium-rare. If it weren't a faux-pas, I'd be picking up the lamb chops with my hands and eating till the bones were clean. And now I'm going to cheat and talk about two other dishes: the tomato with feta salad and the galaktoboureko dessert. The tomato with feta salad is made with sweet and juicy ripe tomatoes and a not-too-salty/not-too-tangy feta. I wasn't a fan of feta until I tried it at Milos. Now I'm a big fan. The galaktoboureko is a dreamy flaky creamy dessert. It's phyllo layered with a sweet custard. I would eat two of these if my bf didn't prevent it. He tells me that it's unhealthy to eat two desserts. I don't quite understand what he's trying to say...
- Address: 125 W 55th St (b/w 6th & 7th Ave), New York, NY 10019
Food Therapy: Greek Goodness
My bf and I really adore Greek food, which tends to involve less ingredients but more flavor. Sometimes, simpler is better. Here are our three favorite dishes from our three favorite Greek restaurants (in no particular order):
Give Some, Get Some...
Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!
Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.