Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.15.2010

Bialetti Moka Express: Perfect Coffee For One (Or Two)

I need coffee.  A co-worker of mine would ask me whether or not I had my coffee before continuing a conversation with me in the mornings.  The problem is that I don't like watery coffee.  Really...what's the point if you're coffee isn't strong, thick and tasty?  As a result, I also don't like using a coffee machine.  The coffee tastes bland, bitter and/or watery.  Plus, it's a pain to clean a coffee machine.  I've tried using a Bodum French Press but I've come to the realization that I don't have the patience to wait the required time when using a french press.  I always jump the gun and the coffee ends up like water.  And I am NOT shelling out a few hundred dollars for an espresso machine that I know I will never use.  So I found the perfect little coffee/espresso maker from Bialetti.  It's called Moka Espress and looks like this:
It's easy to use and easy to clean.  The coffee/espresso always comes out perfect!  Plus, you only make a few cups at a time (it's a good way for me to regulate my coffee intake).  I purchased mine at Bed Bath & Beyond.  BBB has easy-to-find coupons.  I used the 20% off coupon but the $5 off coupon would work equally as well because the 3-cup model is only $24.99!!  (Note:  You can find similar discounted versions at Home Goods as well.)

Bialetti's Moka Espress is like a useful science experiment.  It comes in three parts:
  • The top part where the coffee comes out:
  • The middle part where you put your ground coffee:
  • The bottom part where you put the water:
Put the middle piece into the bottom piece and the screw the top piece with the bottom piece!
Put Moka Espress on the stove over medium heat and wait for bubbling noise.  This will mean that water from the bottom is pushing its way through the coffee grind and is making it's way up to the top piece!!  When the bubbling noise finishes, your coffee/espresso is ready!  It's genius because it forces me to wait.  I can't cheat like I do with a french press.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.