Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.17.2010

Food Therapy: Big Apple BBQ Block Party (6/12/10 - 6/13/10)

I LOVE BBQ!!  Which is why I try to attend the Big Apple BBQ Block Party every year.  Pit masters from around the country congregate for 2 days at Madison Square Park to show city folks how bbq is done by champions.  Bbq is sold by the plate.  This year will be the bbq festival's 8th year and will occur from 6/12/10 - 6/13/10.  The lines are long (really really long if the weather is good) so the trick is to invest in a Bubba Fast Pass and bring friends.  It allows you to purchase plates from a shorter line (the Bubba Fast Pass line).  You must purchase the Bubba Fast Pass early because it will sell out.  Go to www.bigapplebbq.org for more information (and to purchase a Bubba Fast Pass).  I would like to point out one thing that I am rather upset over:  they are now charing a $25 fee to purchase the Bubba Fast Pass.  In previous years, the Bubba Fast Pass cost $100 and you could redeem $100 worth of bbq (which is why you bring friends).  This year, the Bubba Fast Pass costs $125 but you're still only redeeming $100 worth of bbq.  Was that really necessary?  If you don't want to spring for a Bubba Fast Pass, go on the second day.  There's always significantly less bbq fanatics on the second day because they went on the first day.  Here are some pix from previous years:
Yes, just the sight of a smoker or a grill makes me grin like an idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Some, Get Some...

Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.