Desperately Seeking ______________ on Sale...

What are you desperately seeking on sale?


Food Therapy

Good food is as satisfying as a good sale. So from time to time (probably more than that because I'm a foodie and I love to eat), I'll be providing some food therapy. Be forewarned, I'm an adventurous eater with a HUGE sweet tooth. If you're in NYC, I hope you try some of these spots. If you do, LMK what you think. Bon appetit!

Video Reviews

While picture reveals of bags are nice. Video reviews of bags are better! As such, I will endeavor to post as many video reviews of bags as possible. However, I will only be reviewing bags that I like. Life is too short to review bags that I dislike. Plus, at the end of the day, it really is just a matter of personal opinion/taste.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaleTherapy.

3.17.2010

Pluck You!

We all do some type of plucking (or should do some type of plucking) when it comes to our eyebrows and the area above our upper lip.  Here's my preferred way of cleaning up:
  • Eyebrows:  I like to tweeze my eyebrows.  However, the shape of your eyebrows can really enhance, or detract from, your facial features.  I recommend that you get your eyebrows done by a professional and then take good pictures afterwards.  Having your eyebrows done by a professional isn't cheap, so that's why you have pictures!  You can use them as guides for tweezing your eyebrows in the future.  
    • Use Tweezerman slant tweezers.  They are worth the money!!  They can grip hair better than any other tweezer out there.  They're not cheap at $20 a pop  and rarely go on sale, but here are two ways that you can save:  (1)  use a coupon (Bed Bath & Beyond and Ulta coupons are easy to find) or (2) if there's a Sally Beauty Supply store near you, buy the mini-slant tweezers ("tweezerette") for $4.99.
    • Area Above the Upper Lip:  My cousin found this plucking tool and it will replace your threader/waxer.  I've been using it ever since she discovered it at a random outdoor market.
        • I have yet to see this little magic tool in stores but you can definitely find this easily on eBay for approximately $3.  In case you start wondering after a glance on eBay, I really doubt that there's a quality difference between a $3 plucker and a $9 plucker.  It's basically a long coil with plastic ends.  Here's a close up:
        • How to use:
          • Hold the plucker at both ends.
          • Turn the plucker into an upside-down "U".
          • Put the plucker against the area above the upper lip, and twist the plastic ends.   
        • It's not the most pleasant feeling but it's not painful.  And it's a heck of a lot cheaper then threading/waxing.
        • Note: It may take a few tries at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be plucking like a professional.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Give Some, Get Some...

      Are you looking a particular style or item? Let me know (saletherapy@gmail.com) and I will post your request so that everyone can help you find your sale!

      Have you seen a style or item on sale that someone else is looking for? Don't be stingy and share the wealth! Let me know so that I can post it.